Saturday, September 12, 2015

Saturday sky photos from Tivat and Moscow




Hi!

Though I fly rarely, but flights are still interesting.

I'd like to post several nice (in my opinion, of'course) photos from the skies.

Lets go!


Since the beginning of September I've visited Tivat (Montenegro) twice, was in Anapa and Mineralnye Vody (Russia).  The photos below were made during my travels to Tivat.

If you remember from my latest story about Tivat it is located in a very attractive place. The weather is sometime not very good there (it was terrible in the journey described above!), but most of the time it is wonderfull.

I could hardly remember how many flights  to Tivat  I've already performedsince 2006... I'm sure that the total number is somewhere above 40. I enjoy flying there - it is a pretty place, as I've said - and because the approach isn't so usual that in most of the airports I have flown. And it is not so difficult (as in Chambery, for example) that could break your intensions to fly there more and more.

I've already written lots of stories about flying to Tivat in my Russian blog (http://denokan.livejournal.com/tag/Тиват). If you wish you could go there and see a lot of shiny photos.

The first Tivat of the month took place at the beginning. It was a regular flight with no instructor's or examiner's task, so I selfishly decided to fly the leg from Moscow to Tivat. Nowadays, working as an "office pilot" I fly very rarely, so Tivat approaches give me a good chance to mantain profficiency.

We got there without any problem, the skies over Montenegro were tidy and clear. I switched off all that automated stuff somewhere at 10000 feet and enjoyed flying my green B737 for another 10 minutes.



On the way back to Moscow we met the sunset. As usual it happened behind us at the left, and colored the clouds in its wonderful manner



As we were desending the colours turned more and more solid. It was a rainy period over the Moscow Region, lucky for me as a photographer because the rains gave me a pretty nice red colour below the gloomy cloud.



* * *

The second flight was on 9/11. A sad date for the aviation, you know. But not for my first officer, for whom this flight was a check if he was ready to be upgraded. I should say that this young guy looked very promissable from the first days of his career in our airline, which he had joined just after he had graduated from the flying school.

Therefore I had no fears that he wouldn't pass, but as it was traditionally required, I gave him a chance to decide - which leg he wanted to fly as pilot flying. And I was glad to hear that he wants to fly to Tivat. A challengable choice for such a check, but full of respects from my side.

Writing this story I already know that he has successfully passed me. Wish him to become a great Captain!

Domodedovo

Transaero airlines B747. TSO experiences very hard times nowadays becase of the crysis.





Going into the clouds





"Sur" pictures!





Tivat









Have a nice weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Nice pics!

    - The photos below were made DURING my travels to Tivat. - Period of time, not space.
    - very attractIVE place
    - flights TO TIVAT I've already performed - word order, although not a very strict rule (from a really advanced level, I suppose)
    - the approach is UNUSUAL COMPARED WITH (is DIFFERENT THAN IN) most of the airports I FLY (HAVE FLOWN) TO. - "Used to" is used in a context when you did something in the past repeatedly but no more: I used to smoke a cigarette until I gave up smoking.
    - the reference to your LJ is not a link
    - The first Tivat of the month HAPPENED (TOOK PLACE) at the beginning OF IT. - The time is known, no effect on the present situation, so past simple. Also I suggest TOOK PLACE instead of "happened".
    - promisING
    - which he had joined just after GRADUATING FROM the flying school. - I am not 100% sure that tenses are correct here, even though to my knowledge they are kind of fine. Maybe "... just after HE HAD GRADUATED FROM" would be safer from the grammar standpoint, but not as smooth a phraze...

    Thank you for you stories!

    ReplyDelete