Thursday, July 16, 2015

Welcome to my Blog

Greetings to everyone!

If we haven't met yet  - my name is Denis Okan. 

I am an airline pilot of one of the major Russian airlines.

Nowadays I fly B737 as a flight instructor (CFI) - this is a guy who teaches others how to build a friendship with this brilliant bird. Also, as a type rating examiner (TRE) I am responsible for checking proficiency of the pilots of my company. 

And as a Deputy Director Flight Operations and Planning, I work in the office, and responsible for crew rostering and overall job organizing within flight operations department.

All my interests (more or less) deal with civil aviation. My goal is to provide and popularise safety in flight operations - for  pilots and, of course, our customers.

I do it by publishing materials on proffecional subjects (my own and other's) and telling the stories about my flights. As far as my company does allow it, I' take photos and describe some routine problems giving the ideas how to solve them in daily operations.

If you speak Russian, may be it will be interesting for you to see my base blog: www.denokan.livejournal.com

Why I'm here?

I want to improve my English, so this blog is a good challenge for me, who doesn't have a great routine speaking experience. So, if you find my mistakes, please, feel free to let me know and help me improve :)

Yes, it is the first reason why I've started thinking about an international blog. But as I kept thinking more and more about it, I found that this idea may be great as I could find new friends all over the world, and may be, my stories would be interesting to passengers, and moreover - I could discuss some problems with my foreign colleges.

So, please take your seats, fasten your seat belts and lets try to get this bird into the air!


Your Captain Den.


4 comments:

  1. “How to make friendship” should be “how to become friends” or “how to build a friendship.” There are a couple of small typos like “Nowadays I use to fly” should be “nowadays I fly,” “popularize” and “colleagues” – but your English is already very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denis! I glad to see you here too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Denis. I am from Cuba and I am you fan number one. My English is not good,bat I will lern. I have all yours pilot videos.I hope never you stop make vídeos about aviacion life. Thanks for you time and dedication. You are my idol. I will like to be you cuban friend jajaja. Good look.

    ReplyDelete